- 1 day (10:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern)
Do you want to take an online, instructor-led class?
Do you have five (5) or more people needing this class and want us to deliver it at your location?
This course builds on the skills and concepts taught in Outlook Introduction (2013, 2016, 2019, Office 365). Students will learn how to customize Outlook, use Quick Steps, create Folder pane shortcuts, customize the Navigation bar, customize their messages and signatures, and set up automatic replies. Then students will learn how to set rules for organizing messages and use advanced techniques for managing and maintaining their mailboxes. Students will also learn how to search, use filters, and apply categories, as well as how to work with notes and Journal entries. Finally, they will learn how to share Outlook calendars and contacts and stay informed with RSS feeds.
This course will help students prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist exam. For comprehensive certification training, students should complete the Introduction and Advanced courses for Outlook.
Outlook Advanced (2013, 2016, 2019, or Office 365)
- Customizing Outlook
- The Outlook environment
- General options and account settings
- Quick Steps
- The Folder pane and Navigation bar
- Customizing messages
- Message appearance
- Voting buttons
- Out-of-office messages
- Mailbox organization and management
- Setting rules
- Managing your mailbox
- Organizing items
- Advanced filtering
- Notes and Journals
- Recording information with notes
- Tracking activities with the Journal
- Sharing your calendar and contacts
- Staying informed with RSS
- Appendix A: Connecting with SharePoint
- Connecting with colleagues via Outlook Social Connectors