Minute-Taker's Workshop Training
0.5 day (10:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern)
Register for a live online class.
The Minute-Taker's Workshop is a quick, half-day course for those who find themselves called upon to take minutes but who have little knowledge of how to produce an accurate record of a meeting. You may face ambiguous agreements, a vague agenda, interruptions, a poor chairperson, or any number of complicated issues. This course provides practical guidance on how to overcome these and other problems and to take accurate minutes.
Participants are welcome to bring along a copy of minutes from their latest meeting (non-confidential) to critique and compare (optional).
- Introductions, Objectives and Agenda
- Exercise and Discussion of Communication Styles
- Purpose of Minutes
- Misconceptions about Minute-Taking
- Valuable Minute-Taking Skills
- What makes a meeting unsuccessful?
- What makes a meeting successful?
- Cycle of a Meeting
- Typical Meeting Structure
- Meeting Roles and Responsibilities
- The Minute-Taker Before the Meeting
- Sample Meeting Checklist
- The Minute-Taker During the Meeting
- The Minute-Taker After the Meeting
- Common Questions
- Useful Words for Minutes
- Recording Decisions and Actions
- Business English for Minutes
Before Taking this ClassNone.
Software/Setup For this Class
Do you have five (5) or more people needing this class and want us to deliver it at your location?